A warm welcome from your Commodore
The PYC was formed in Oct 2010 with objectives to:
- Provide a social network for members
- Develop an annual PYC calendar of events that will mature annually.
- Be a focus in Portland and Weymouth Harbours for on-water enthusiasts.
- Promote and facilitate participation in Yachting and Motor Boat Cruising.
- Offer an informal club for members to join in events and share experiences.
In these strange and worrying times we have decided to change the front page for a little while. Firstly we hope you are all keeping safe.
The National Coast Watch are able to inform us that following suspension of their watch-keeping during the recent problems, they will be resuming watches from 1 June. For a while they will be operating single person watches from 0800 to 1700hrs each day. They aim to return to normal summer hours (0700 - 1900) and full staffing as soon as possible.
Normally at this time of year with this gorgeous sailing weather we would have had a barbecue at Worbarrow Bay. That, of course, was not possible. It was decided we should all try and have a virtual barbecue on Thursday 23rd April, St Georges Day. The venue was the famous Home All Day Bay and below is a composite picture of the participants put together by Bee Woodland.
Just in case any of you are getting bored with you forced isolation. We have made the montage above into a jigsaw puzzle. It should keep you occupied for the duration of 2 leisurely G&T's. Follow this link https://www.bookwidgets.com/play/PU6KPQ?teacher_id=5977192054915072